Re: [Usability]application crititque

On Tue, 2002-04-30 at 12:54, Christian Neumair wrote:
> Hello Luciano!
> I haven't tried your package yet but having a look
> at the screenshots i suppose it's a bit confusing to use
> the save stock icon for commit - as long as nothing is
> saved. If i were you i would rather use the exec stock
> icon.

EVMS lets you play with object and volume configurations in memory until
you commit them to disk to make the changes permanent. That way you can
create a few partitions, place them in RAID, create a volume from it and
make a file system on it and if you are happy with it, commit the
changes so that all the necessary meta-data is written to the storage
device (in the proper order of course).

The word "commit" is a reflection of the API I call to make it so,
evms_commit_changes().