Re: [Usability]Re: Nautilus preferences proposal
- From: Reinout van Schouwen <reinout cs vu nl>
- To: nautilus-list gnome org
- Cc: usability gnome org
- Subject: Re: [Usability]Re: Nautilus preferences proposal
- Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 22:18:42 +0200 (CEST)
On 28 Apr 2002, Dave Bordoley wrote:
> I agree i think it would be nice it the window border had the complete
> url like windows does.
You'd have to solve two problems first:
1. How would you handle paths/filenames longer than the window titlebar?
2. How would you ensure that multiple taskbar entries are individually
distinguishable? (it wouldn't be nice when every Nautilus taskbar entry
would look like '/home...'
Another thing- would remote directories (like ftp or Samba) look like an
URL in the titlebar? If not, what would they look like?
Reinout van Schouwen Artificial Intelligence student
email: reinout cs vu nl mobile phone: +31-6-44360778
GPG public key http://www.cs.vu.nl/~reinout/reinout.asc
] [Thread Prev