Re: [Usability] 'Capplets' (was Re: background/font capplets)
- From: Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>
- To: David Moles <david moles vykor com>
- Cc: desktop-devel-list gnome org, usability gnome org, gnome-doc-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: [Usability] 'Capplets' (was Re: background/font capplets)
- Date: 10 Apr 2002 16:22:46 -0400
David Moles <david moles vykor com> writes:
> On Wed, 2002-04-10 at 03:37, Seth Nickell wrote:
> > On Tue, 2002-04-09 at 16:05, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> > >
> > > Since it's in Applications maybe we could call them "preferences
> > > applications"? "Preferences X" where X is something seems like the
> > > right idea.
> > That seems backwards. "X Preferences" seems much more natural, unless
> > I'm misunderstanding what you intend X to be...
> Yeah, at first I thought Havoc meant "Preferences Galeon", "Preferences
> Evolution", "Preferences Metacity", but I don't think that's what he
> meant -- Havoc, you were talking about a name for the general class of
> preferences whatsits ("Preferences Whatsits"?), not the names of the
> individual whatsits, right?
Yeah I meant a word for "control panels" or "property dialogs"
Maybe "desktop preferences dialog"?
i.e. what do you call the things in the Desktop Preferences menu?
] [Thread Prev