Re: [Usability] 'Capplets' (was Re: background/font capplets)

David Moles <david moles vykor com> writes:
> On Wed, 2002-04-10 at 03:37, Seth Nickell wrote:
> > On Tue, 2002-04-09 at 16:05, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> > > 
> > > Since it's in Applications maybe we could call them "preferences
> > > applications"? "Preferences X" where X is something seems like the
> > > right idea.
> > 
> > That seems backwards. "X Preferences" seems much more natural, unless
> > I'm misunderstanding what you intend X to be...
> Yeah, at first I thought Havoc meant "Preferences Galeon", "Preferences
> Evolution", "Preferences Metacity", but I don't think that's what he
> meant -- Havoc, you were talking about a name for the general class of
> preferences whatsits ("Preferences Whatsits"?), not the names of the
> individual whatsits, right?

Yeah I meant a word for "control panels" or "property dialogs" 

Maybe "desktop preferences dialog"?

i.e. what do you call the things in the Desktop Preferences menu?


[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]