[Usability] Re: The endless and mostly fruitless GNOME applets debate [contd...]

Chema Celorio <chema ximian com> writes:
> On 20 Sep 2001 09:57:24 -0400, jacob berkman wrote:
> > On Thu, 2001-09-20 at 07:17, Glynn Foster wrote:
> > > Okay,
> > >
> > > So we have always reached an impasse in the past about what to do with
> > > GNOME applets ie. how to politely say to the author of an applet that
> > > it's crap and has no place in the main distribution.
> >
> > i would be for disbanding gnome-applets in its entirety, and shipping
> > the applets in separate packages.
>
> I second jacob here, I am interested in particular with each applet
> having it's own release schedule. Also, getting the code and compiling
> it is easier when you only have one applet.

Works for me. I don't think it's substantially harder from a packaging
standpoint (we can always make our own gnome-applets RPM with a bunch
of source tarballs, if we want).

I think the tasklist-type stuff needs to stay in gnome-core though,
since it's more or less required for a working desktop.

Havoc