Re: [Usability] "Favorites" vs. "Bookmarks"

Finally! This should be an easy one. :-)

They are not "Favorites".

1) "Favorites" denotes a value judgement. When circumstances demand it,
I'll bookmark a site I despise.
2) Everything but the panel calls them "Bookmarks".

Problem to be fixed: Bookmarking an application? Let's have those menus
be user-editable instead.

Worse problem: Application-orientation. Start a new thread.

On Thu, 2001-09-13 at 02:53, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
> Nautilus has a "Bookmarks" menu. The panel has a "Favorites" menu
> (though the latter is admittedly system-wide; and actually I am not
> sure how things get added to "Favorites"). Galeon and Mozilla both
> have "Bookmarks". Can we pick one of these terms and try to use it
> desktop-wide?
>
> I don't have much preference either way but the inconsistency bugs me.
>
> Regards,
>
> Maciej

Cheers,
Greg Merchan