Re: [Usability]Re: Menu guidelines updated

On Tue, 2001-09-11 at 00:40, Julian Missig wrote:

>Well, I've always
>been of the opinion that gkrellm should be broken up into a bunch of
>panel applets - they would accomplish the same thing. The only thing
>with gkrellm is that people who don't use GNOME use it as well, and
>would certainly hate that suggestion. Some people use it completely >as
a resplacement for the gnome panel.

It takes a lot less memory than 10 applets though :(

But I agree on the concept. Though we could just as well have desktop
applets - nautilus could probably have "live" stuff on the desktop.
Stuff like gweather would really enjoy being a bit bigger and
antialiased.. As well as system monitors etc.  But that is a whole
different topic anyway.

Speaking of window decorations and stuff, lets remember the user might
use a theme that does not have window close buttons. Some themes have
buttonless frame type for dialogs. I agree it is not the Right Thing to
do, but stuff happens... :]

Tuomas

--
:: :: Tuomas Kuosmanen  :: Art Director, Ximian :: ::
:: :: tigert ximian com :: www.ximian.com       :: ::