[Usability]Re: Control Center must-fix draft

Kenny Graunke wrote:

> Well, I'm a bit confused - I guess this Must Fix list is for the 1.5.x
> gtkhtml based Control Center, not the start-here: one RH uses which is
> nautilus-based. I know in the nautilus-based one, each capplet opens in its
> own window, so most people can just use the close button on the titlebar.

Only being able to close windows with the button on the titlebar is
generally not good... I did some testing on this in a former life, and
since it usually has a big "X" on it, many users thought it did the same
as Cancel-- i.e. "close and discard my changes".  (Even when the dialog
was an instant apply one, which wouldn't normally have an actual Cancel
button anyway.)

It's also a bit of a pain for folks who can't use the mouse, as they
have to use their "close this window" shortcut, which is normally
Ctrl+something, rather than just hitting Enter or Escape.  And if
they're unable to use a mouse, you can be fairly sure they'd rather just
press one key rather than two wherever possible.

Cheeri,
Calum.