Re: [Usability] Re: program binary names

On Sat, 13 Oct 2001, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:

> In Nautilus we took the approach of composing base view names with
> "View as" and "Viewer" instead of including it in the string, and this
> turned out to be a serious problem for translations. I think it may be

Another "translation" problem in Nautilus is that in the non-english
speaking word, noone knows that it indicates a spiral shell. So the
Nautilus icon is completely non-obvious wrt what it's supposed to do!

--

Reinout van Schouwen
e-mail    : reinout cs vu nl