[no subject]

The problem with changing these setting is that it took me forever to find
where to change them. I was going through all these choices many with 3-5
panels, trying to find the setting I wanted to change, not knowing if the
setting I wanted to change was in there at all.

I didn't find that tasklist setting until about 3 months after I started
using Gnome. It isn't in the control center, you have to right click on the
tasklist and go into it's perferences.

I could not understand what many of the settings did, I'm not going to try
them because it I end up not liking it I might never find that setting again.

Here is what I suggest you do about this. You can have many of these settings
hidden. But allow people to install "additions" to the control center that
would allow them to access these settings. Of course, this will give the
illusion that these "additions" actually add these features instead of just
allowing you to access them but that does not really matter. This makes sure
people can access settings they want and settings they don't want don't get
in their way. Of course the people who want to access all these settings can
just install all these "additions".

Steven