Re: [Usability] File type system redesign

[snipping cc's, usability list should be enough]

On Thu, 18 Oct 2001, Gregory Merchan wrote:

> Well, my OS/2 manual says "Settings..." not "Properties...",
> but it's quite old. :-)

As of OS/2 Warp 4 the term used is 'Properties'.

> The only thing OS/2 used more than objects was notebooks. :-) And these it
> used for many things. The biggest problem I had was that I'd forget that
> some notebook pages had sub-pages. The File page was actually three pages

That's why you can rightclick on tabs in Warp 4-style notebooks and it
will show a popup menu with sub-pages indicated as submenus.

> just used the notebook tabs. Notebook tabs were consistently on the
> right-hand side and there was a graphic on the left resembling wire-binding;
> they almost looked (and felt) like real notebooks.

Again, Warp 4-style is different with tabs on top and in different colors.
You can get an idea of this l&f in StarOffice, select one-line multicolor
tabs in the View options.

PS Sorry for the late reply.

--

Reinout van Schouwen