Re: [Usability] user levels, etc.

On Tue, Nov 13, 2001 at 09:38:15AM -0800, David Moles wrote:
> I already know how to do all sorts of weird stuff with the GNOME panel
[...]

> is confusing and hard to use. (But judging from the number of people in
> my office who've come over repeatedly saying, "hey, David, I screwed
> up that gnome thing again, can you fix it for me?", it's hard to use.

The panel has in the past been both fragile and buggy.  It's got a
lot better with lots of _vicious_love_ (and others?) this year.

It is still too easy to change it by mistake, I think.

If I plug the mouse into my laptop and forget to change the X
config file (it's a different protocol), I usually end up with a
vertical panel with various unknown changes having been applied by
a sequence of click events in the bottom left corner of the screen.

Lee

--
Liam Quin - XML Core staff contact, W3C, http://www.w3.org/People/Quin/
Ankh: irc.sorcery.net www.valinor.sorcery.net irc.gnome.org www.advogato.org