Re: [Usability] Maximized windows without window chrome

Actually, I wanted to see this done, except leave the window title... so it would just remove the slight borders but still have the buttons for unmaximizing (I'm sorry, but the button to unmaximize should be available in the same general area as the button to maximize). Kenny tried to do this, and unfortunately, he said it's very difficult to get sawfish to remove just the borders properly. It may be easier to make sawfish make all the borders go away, but there are very obvious usability reasons against athat.

Julian
--
email: julian jabber org
jabber:julian jabber org

Sinzui Kobalt wrote:

I think when a window is maximized, the window chrome should be absent. Galeon does this in full-screen mode, and it is very usable on small
screens.  This isn't without problems of course.  I've learned to use
the task bar for stick and shade command, but without options to
maximize, restore, and hide/minimize, users must learn keyboard
commands.  The only real value the window chrome provides me is a label,
and a handle to move and resize.