Re: [Usability] Re: Button ordering

Julian Missig wrote:

Now, whether the difference between having the affirmative button in the same place vs. having it in random places actually makes a difference, tests would probably have to be done on users comfortable with the Windows method vs. users comfortable with the Mac method. Afaik, the only rationale for the windows method was that it was different from the Mac method... and the only rationale for using it is that more people use windows. The question is really, is the initial learning curve too much for the benefits of always being able to click in the same place? As a matter of personal opinion, I think so. Of course, that means nothing.

Julian

/me sighs

Sorry, as seth just pointed out to me, that last bit should read:

The question is really, is the initial learning curve too
much for the benefits of always being able to click in the same place?
As a matter of personal opinion, I do NOT think so - it has been my experience that the benefits outweigh the initial learning curve.

Julian

--
email: julian jabber org
jabber:julian jabber org