Possible New User Interface Design Directions

Have been exploring a variety of UI concepts that are along the premise
of "OK so far LINUX desktops have been somewhat chasing Microsoft and
other windows GUIs, what/where can we go beyond that?"

Here are the first 2 concepts:

1. Common Task Interface Scenario
Many time and task applications all handle the same information
independently. Instead, what if any app (calendars, to do lists,
outlines, project planners, financial planners) could access the same
task and time dataset?

www.mudtroll.com/uiconcepts/tasks/tasks.html

2. Frames Interface Scenario
Building on the issues raised with the above demo. Typical project
information is scattered across many applications. The window and desktop
interface is not the best way to deal with this:

www.mudtroll.com/uiconcepts/frames/frames.html

If any of you find these ideas exciting (or not) I'd love to take them
further. And am looking forward to feedback pro and con.

(also I sent to both lists, I must say that even after following them it
is not clear which list to send to for what - apologize if I over posted)

Thanks for your time - Matthew

Matthew B Seigel
Human Interface Designer
Seigel Inocencio