Re: Let's look into the future (aka "The ``Martin is back'' mail")

Havoc Pennington wrote:

> Hi,
>
> First of all welcome back. ;-)

Yay for Martin! Good to see you back once more.

> There are still some general-purpose things in gnome-libs that haven't
> made it into other libs yet (GnomeClient, GnomeDruid).  And I can see
> some value in the idea of a gnome_init() that sets up a bunch of other
> libs and saves some bother.

Okay...so I briefly mentioned this on #gnome - the need for a new GNOME
druid interface...and well it got a majority vote

The current one is yucky [sorry Jonathan :)] and this should be somewhat
of a priority for the usability guys for 2.0. It should be pretty easy
to implement when someone comes up with a final design. Hacking it to
make it look prettier shouldn't have to happen, especially for 2.0.
Let's give it some GNOME loving [sigh, I never thought I'd use that
phrase] :)

		Anyways...ideas? proposals?

				See ya,
					Glynn ;)