Re: jwz's run once hack

Jeff Waugh <jdub perkypants org> writes:
> Single launch buttons (the runonce idea) and launch feedback (the
> Xalf idea) are separate issues. You would still want launch feedback
> when you click an application icon for the first time, for instance.

What xalf and this runonce thing have in common is that they are both
bad hacks that fail to work a noticeable percentage of the time. ;-)
And man is it annoying when they don't...

If we want to get this stuff working we need to just spec out a
protocol, then add support for it to the widget toolkits, and to the
XFree X clients, and stop trying to make magic guesses...

Havoc