Re: location management vs. session management

Glynn Foster wrote:

> You mean there is a master plan for session management?? Crikey, no
> one told me :) Well actually I've been thinking a lot about this too
> and the more I think about it, the more complicated this gets.

Shit, I forgot another complication. One of the new control centers
[gnome-control-center] also has an 'archiver' that can save the capplet
settings. This has the effect that you can rollback on settings as well.
As part of the multi-session plan to rule the world, I think that it
makes sense to the control-center multi-session as well.

So currently we have
	gnome-session - implements multi-session support
	location-manager -implements multi-configuration
	archiver - implements rollback on capplet configuration

Yes, I agree we should sort this out...and soon :)

				See ya,
					Glynn ;)