Re: [Usability] Re: Vanilla GNOME defaults
- From: George <jirka 5z com>
- To: Glynn Foster <glynn foster sun com>
- Cc: Sander Vesik <Sander Vesik sun com>, Calum Benson <calum benson sun com>, desktop-devel-list gnome org, usability gnome org
- Subject: Re: [Usability] Re: Vanilla GNOME defaults
- Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 18:04:34 -0800
On Thu, Dec 20, 2001 at 01:54:27PM +0000, Glynn Foster wrote:
> > 1 desktop x 4 viewports?
> Hum, I get confused...do we not want 4 desktops instead? I think we need
> to get something that is going to work on metacity [and indeed other
> window managers] and I seem to remember that metacity didn't have the
> concept of viewports. I suspect we also want to figure out the other
> preferences too, like tasklist grouping etc..
That's because viewports are on crack. I say 4 or 6 desktops is a good
default. I like 10, but I admit I am weird.
George <jirka 5z com>
Men willingly believe what they wish.
-- Julius Caesar
] [Thread Prev