[Usability] Vanilla GNOME defaults

There's been some discussion on the docs list this week about the
creation and appearance of screenshots in GNOME user docs.  The
following are noteworthy:

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-doc-list/2001-December/msg00095.html
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-doc-list/2001-December/msg00096.html
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-doc-list/2001-December/msg00097.html

The consensus is that screenshots should "just use the default" window
manager, themes, fonts etc., but as far as I know, the defaults (i.e.
what you'd get if you did a clean build and install from CVS) haven't
really been discussed or set in stone anywhere for 2.x yet.

The questions below (offered to me by Eugene O'Connor, Sun docs and
GNOME styleguide guy) have an impact on usability as well as
documentation-- do any of them have definite answers yet?  And if not,
can we discuss and try and provide some?

* What will be the default:
	- window manager?
	- window frame style?
	- GTK theme?
	- GTK font?
	- Tasklist applet settings?
	- Desk Guide applet settings?
	- Control Center settings?

* What other default themes and configurations do screenshot takers need
to know about?

Cheeri,
Calum.