Re: [Usability] window manager configuration
- From: Seth Nickell <snickell stanford edu>
- To: Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>
- Cc: John Kodis <kodis jagunet com>, usability gnome org, gnomecc-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: [Usability] window manager configuration
- Date: 08 Dec 2001 13:51:57 -0800
On Sat, 2001-12-08 at 09:12, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> John Kodis <kodis jagunet com> writes:
> > On Fri, Dec 07, 2001 at 08:13:39PM -0500, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> > > One definition of a crack-ridden option is one that no one would
> > > really want if they hadn't gotten used to using it in the past. How
> > > many Windows users who've never used UNIX are demanding sloppy focus?
> > > None whatsoever. So that option is stupid, if you were starting from
> > > scratch.
> > This criterion makes this whole discussion moot. Mac and Windows
> > users aren't demanding multiple workspaces, yet they (along with
> > sloppy focus) are among the features I value most about Unix desktops.
> I guess I'm oversimplifying a bit. ;-)
Though I do know a number of Windows users (who have never been Unix
users) who want multiple desktops, and none that want
] [Thread Prev