Re: [Nautilus-list] Re: Installation-time performerance preference

On Wed, Aug 22, 2001 at 11:11:27PM -0700, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
> Yeah, the classic problem with notebooks is that when there are too
> many tabs, the whole thing sucks. I think a list is a better choice
> than a conventional notebook widget when there are many categories.

Yes.  A possible compromise I've seen used in bus and railway timetables
in some countries is to use rotated text, so that the category labels
are at a 60 degree angle from horizontal; this can save enough space to
make a workable design, but tends to be hard to program in many
toolkits (I did it with a PostScript-based one once).

Like Maciej, I have not seen Joel's mockup.

Lee

--
Liam Quin - Barefoot in Toronto - liam holoweb net - http://www.holoweb.net/
Ankh: irc.sorcery.net www.valinor.sorcery.net irc.gnome.org www.advogato.org