Re: Menu guidelines updated

colin z robertson wrote:

> "Undo all changes" isn't right. If the user were to open a file, edit
> it, save it, and edit again, they could then use the Undo command on
> the Edit menu to get to a state prior to the save, which they wouldn't
> be able to do with Revert.

This is an interesting point, actually-- many applications clear the
Undo buffer when you do a Save, just as clicking Apply in dialogs
generally prevents Cancel from unrolling your changes any further than
the last Apply operation.

So, I guess two wider questions are (i) should Save have any effect on
the Undo buffer, and (ii) should the (recent) Undo history actually be
saved with a document, so that when you reload the document later you
can still undo changes (afer, dare I say it, a crash, for example?)

In an ideal world the answers are probably no and yes respectively,
although I'm not sure how you'd deal with the latter in simple text
documents etc.  Something to think about for GNOME 3.0, perhaps  :o)

Cheeri,
Calum.