RE: revised patch to change tooltips

Nautilus [Nautilus File Manager and Graphical Shell] - get rid of Nautilus
in the tooltip, also the word shell isn't obvious unless you are used to
consoles..

GHex [Gnome Hexadecimal Editor] - get rid of Gnome in the tooltip, it
doesn't edit Gnome Hexadecimals, it edits hexadecimals

Time tracking tool [Time Tracker Tool] - why not Time tracking tool for both
the name and the tooltip?

GDict [GNOME client for the MIT dictionary server] - why not just
'dictionary access'

GNOME Character Map [GNOME Character Map] - Map is not an obvious name,
again, why include the word GNOME?

Color Browser [Browse available X11 colors.] - and the user goes 'waht is an
X11?' - perhaps it should be 'view available monitor colors'?

Font Selector [Select a fint for pasting] - fint should be font, I've not
used this tool, but the description isn't obvious... (Do I have text that
I've copied, and then when I paste, the text will be in that font??)

Text File Viewer [Page files as with 'more' and 'less] - Not one I've used,
but the tip isn't useful to me...

GNOME Search Tool [GNOME Search Tool] - is this a directory search tool?  -
perhaps it should be 'Computer Directory Search Tool'

Stripchart Plotter [Stripchart Plotter] - I haven't used it, and the tooltip
is meaningless to me... (Does it draw charts of the control strip???)

FreeCell [FreeCell Game] - why not 'Solitaire Card Game'

gataxx [Gnome ataxx game] - clear as mud <grin> but I can't think of a
better description, either you know the gam Ataxx, or you don't

... all of the games are the same, I'd elimiate the 'Gnome' in all of them
which is redundant, possibly I'd change them all to 'a game similar to the
game 'foo''

GNOME Ghostview [A Ghostcript frontend to visualize PostScript files] - 'A
document viewer for PostScript files', users don't need to know frontend,
backend, etc. they just need to know why it is useful.

Screensaver [Configure seetings of rge screensaver] - get rid of rge

Panel [Global panel properties] - typical user - 'What is a panel?'

Default Editor [Choose the editor that is invoked by gnome-edit] - typical
user - and what is a gnome-edit? -  Possibly should be 'Choose the default
editor for editing text documents'

URL Handlers [Configure which programs are used to display URLs] - - typical
user - and what is a URL? - possibly should be 'Choose the default program
for usage with web page links'

HTML Viewer [HTML Viewer properties] - is HTML Viewer a component that views
HTML documents?  Or does it effect settings for all html viewers?

Okay, enough for now, I'll do more after work...

Tom M.
TomM Pentstar com