Re: Menu guidelines updated

Paul Joseph Thompson wrote:

>    Revert: To return to a former condition.
>            To go back to a previous state
>
> This is exactly what the option done. It takes the current documents,
> and retuns it to the state that it was in before any modification was in.

Well, I don't wish to get fully immersed in this debate right now as I'm
on my way out of the office  :o)

But I would just say that a less-savvy user who knows the dictionary
definition of Revert as you've quoted it might then legitimately ask "so
what's the difference between 'revert' and 'undo'"?

(Their respective homes on the File and Edit menus may give some clue,
or they may not... I don't know, I just thought I'd mention it and run
away!)

Cheeri,
Calum.