If you need assistance with implementing a portability layer for your platform

If you need assistance with implementing your own libtinymail-$(PLATFORM)
library or the $(PLATFORMDIR), please let me know.

The idea is that you will implement (at this moment) the account store
and the device type in this library. The name of the library *must* be
defined in the configure.ac of the tinymail root directory.

The library *must* contain a account store type and if you use the camel
implementation you *must* add a get_session method for the type. The
library *must* also contain an implementation of the TnyDeviceIface
which at this moment should emit the connection_changed signal when the
connection status of the device changes.

The libtinymail-gnome-desktop library will implement these for the GNOME
desktop (on a HAL enabled host). It will probably use HAL.

At this moment is libtinymail-camel coupled with the platform library.
But I will try to refactor it in such a way that it's no longer hard
coupled. There's only one method being used by libcamel: the get_session
method of the account store type. This will change in future.

People working on Modest would for example (for each device they port
tinymail to) add a directory called libtinymail-n770. I will assist the
team with this if asked (not that it's very hard, and you can probably
just copy the build environment from the gnome-desktop directory).

But do let me know if you need any assistance with introducing new
platforms.

work: vanhoof at x-tend dot be