Re: TnyAccountTreeModel now uses the new TnyFolderStoreIface API

On Fri, 2006-08-25 at 14:09 +0000, Philip Van Hoof wrote:
> TnyAccountTreeModel now uses the new TnyFolderStoreIface API
>
> because now reference counting is more correct I however found a bug.
>
> If you open a folder, switch offline/online, and then reopen the folder
> and click a message .. a crash in camel happens IF you use the mmap
> patch. Else the crash doesn't happen.
>
> I will soon figure out what that is. It's something with the summary
> being unmapped yet instances of it still being used.

All the other stuff now also uses the new API, therefore is the old API
removed (if you still want to work with the old API for a while, then
don't svn update or don't use trunk).

The new API is much more simple. You can get a sample here:

http://svn.tinymail.org/svn/tinymail/trunk/tests/functional/folder-lister.c

here

http://svn.tinymail.org/svn/tinymail/trunk/libtinymail-test/tny-account-iface-test.c

here

http://svn.tinymail.org/svn/tinymail/trunk/libtinymail-test/tny-folder-iface-test.c

here

http://svn.tinymail.org/svn/tinymail/trunk/tests/memory/memory-test.c

and here

http://svn.tinymail.org/svn/tinymail/trunk/libtinymailui-gtk/tny-account-tree-model.c

http://tinymail.org/API/libtinymail-1.0/ is also updated.

Who said tinymail isn't documented or has no samples immediately after a
new API or feature has completed?! ;-) Agile development iterations! :)

- Design, checked. Via the wiki
- Tests, checked. I made a first test, on the wiki, before even starting
the API skeleton implementation). I also have three unit tests for this
- Implementation, checked (but there's still one bug)
- Documentation, checked

Are there by the way volunteers to copy/paste samples from tests/ and
libtinymail-test into the gtk-doc templates? I'm planning to do that,
but my todo-list is soooo huge at this moment :-( (as you probably
noticed by following the growing ChangeLog file).

The bug I mentioned isn't yet fixed. I'm starting to get an idea of why
it might happen or what is actually happening here. I just don't yet
understand howcome it never happened before (now, the conditions are
more set to make it happen more frequently, but it could have happened
before all these changes too). Hrmlll

work: vanhoof at x-tend dot be