Re: Missing API and API that needs improvements

On Thu, 2006-08-24 at 17:28 +0200, Philip Van Hoof wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-08-23 at 22:40 +0200, Philip Van Hoof wrote:
> > http://tinymail.org/trac/tinymail/wiki/HelpImplementingMissingAPI
> > http://tinymail.org/trac/tinymail/wiki/HelpRedesignGettingFolders

> The part that doesn't yet work is indeed the TnyFolderStoreQuery stuff.
> It's implemented but there's something wrong.

Also note that the get_folders_async isn't yet implemented for neither
the TnyStoreAccount and the TnyFolder types. Only the non-async version
has been implemented.

But take a look at the get_headers and the refresh_async methods of
TnyFolder to get an idea on how the get_folders_async will be
implemented.

> Feel free to take a look at it.
>
> Cleaning up and committing now.

Committed as revision 770. I would appreciate it if you guys could
aggressively test this new stuff.

And feel free to study the code, improve it. API Documentation is
written but will very soon be enhanced. The Unit Tests, the demo-ui,
libtinymailui-gtk and the memory test will soon be adapted to use this.

The old (the currently active) API will be removed soon (like, this
weekend or tomorrow or something like that).

I will wait for Dirk's go. As I assume he will have to make a few
adaptations to Modest to switch to this new API. It does depend,
however, a client didn't have to use the old API if it used the
available components of libtinymailui-gtk. If I adapt those components,
there's not going to be significant changes in such clients needed.

I do believe, however, that this was the last very big API change that
was needed.

API changes that are going to happen from now on will be smaller and
mostly enhancements or additions. Not turning everything upside down
anymore. But I don't make any promises (for example the Iface renaming
would be a major change, but I will not do it unless I have a buddy that
will help me with this monkey work).

Please do check this out. I think it's going to be an important part.

work: vanhoof at x-tend dot be