Re: A unit test story

On Sun, 2006-08-20 at 20:25 +0200, Philip Van Hoof wrote:

> Dirk Jan recently sent me a patch that changed the iterator API. The
> patch (from the outside) looked great. There where no changes (on first
> sight) that where identifable as something that breaks existing code.

Nevertheless ...

His patch, alongside with the fixes (I simply removed the has_first and
has_next API and replaced all the occurrences with a is_done
replacement) has been committed as revision 723. Revision 724 fixes the
unit test and the simple-test runner (it didn't display failures).

Thanks Dirk.

This means that the _current method of the iterator from now on HAS to
add a reference to the item being returned. That other than that method,
none return the item. And finally that there's no more has_first and
has_next methods but that the is_done method should be considered for
replacing these.

pvanhoof lort:~/repos/tinymail/tinymail/trunk/libtinymail-test$ export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=./libtinymail-test/.libs/
pvanhoof lort:~/repos/tinymail/tinymail/trunk/libtinymail-test$ ./tny-simple-test-runner
Unit test runner runs TnyHeaderIface
Unit test runner runs TnyStreamIface
Unit test runner runs TnyMimePartIface
Unit test runner runs TnyListIface
Unit test runner runs TnyAccountIface
Unit test runner runs TnyDeviceIface
Unit test runner runs TnyIteratorIface
Unit test runner runs TnyFolderIface
Unit test runner runs TnyMsgIface
Unit test runner runs TnyPlatformFactoryIface
Unit test runner runs TnyAccountStoreIface
pvanhoof lort:~/repos/tinymail/tinymail/trunk/libtinymail-test$

work: vanhoof at x-tend dot be