Re: subversion error

On Sat, 2006-08-05 at 10:04 -0400, Jeff Macdonald wrote:

Hey Jeff,

> On 8/5/06, Jeff Macdonald <macfisherman gmail com> wrote:
>         Anyone else getting this during svn update?
>         svn: Failed to add file 'bindings/python/': object of
>         the same name already exists
> a fresh checkout seems to  have fixed things.

Makes sense. It was first called and generated as You probably build the code and got the generated
Then I renamed it to and you updated your checkout without
first doing a make clean or make distclean (which of course I don't
expect everybody to do each time he or she updates his checkout).

Which made the generated file to already exist whereas Subversion wanted
to create a new file from the repository (because I renamed it). And
therefore it gave a conflict. Simply removing the would also
have corrected the problem.

Anyway, I'm glad you managed to recover from the problem. :)

home: me at pvanhoof dot be
gnome: pvanhoof at gnome dot org
work: vanhoof at x-tend dot be -