[system-tools] Backend for initng?

Hi.
I'm involved in the initng project (http://initng.thinktux.net) that
you might have heard of. I did a small Gnome tool last week for
configuring initng startup and someone pointed out to me that it might
be a good idea to instead make a nice gst backend for initng. I myself
don't use gst (since I'm on Fedora, using the system-config-*), and
I've just had a quick look at the source (and the HACKING file), but I
just wanted to check out how much work this would be.

First thing I noticed is that i can't seem to find any backend for the
services utility. Is the HACKING file up to date (I guess not since
it's datestamped 2002)?

Second thing is that (when looking at the screenshot at the webpage)
the frontend for service settings wouldn't work as it is now for
initng. Services/daemons in initng doesn't have any startup order, they
just have dependencies (on other services/daemons). And runlevels can
depend on other runlevels. Would this be possible to solve?

Does it seem like a good idea?

/Daniel