[Setup-tool-hackers] Compiling, developing GST

Hi

I thought I'd add some functionality to GST frontends, but have stumbled in the
beginning. To add a dependency, I need to modify configure.in, but even with
configure.in unmodified, I can't successfully run autoconf, it complains
something about ")].in". What version of automake/autoconf should I be using?

My second question is, how do people feel about dependencies? I'm thinkin of
adding a network profile selector to the Panel. That requires libpanel-applet
>=2.0. Is it okay to add a dependecy like this, or should the panel applet be
developed as a separate package? Then I would only need to add some command
line options to network-admin, that apply a specific network profile.

Kasper Rönning