Re: [system-tools]extend gst to morphix liveCD (part2)

Hi Olivier :),

El jue, 15-04-2004 a las 21:09, +0200, olivier evalet escribió:
> Hi Carlo,
>
> Sorry for the delay but I'm working on several subjects of morphix ....
>
> About the gst customisation for morphix I have some questions:
>

> > where HOSTNAME is a var containing "/etc/hostname",
> > &gst_parse_line_first is a generic function that returns the first line
> > of the arg passed (HOSTNAME, that is) and "hostname" is the xml tag in
> > which such information will be inserted.
> >
> > for more generic functions for parsing and replacing you can have a look
> > at backends/parse.pl.in and backends/replace.pl.in, those make pretty
> > rare the need of writing new custom ones
> >
> > * for interfaces specific info there are the
> > gst_network_get_interface_parse_table() and
> > gst_network_get_interface_replace_table() functions, which work in the
> > same way than the former ones
> >

> I have read both functions and all needed files are in my distrib except
>   /etc/pump.conf.
>
> I can create a new interface eth0 in shell and the nework work well. But
>   with the network-admin it doesn't work. When I add a new interface I
> can't activate it (with activate button).If I apply the configuration,
> the interface is not activated and the X server is broken ???
> After quitting the application (click apply and validate) the interface
> eth0 is up (I can see with ifconfig) the network work but I can't start
> a new X application??
>
> So my questions are :
> 1) what the app does when I click to activate  an interface?

in the 0.32 version it only could activate interfaces that were already
in the config files (i.e: you may press "apply" and start the
interface), in the current CVS code now it asks for applying and
activating an interface when creating a new one

> 2) What the app does when I click the validate button for quitting

the "apply", "cancel" and "ok" buttons work just like the HIG tells them
to do:
- the "apply" button applies the xml to the config files
- the "cancel" button closes the tool and reverts any apply, leaving the
config as if the tool wasn't opened
- the "OK" button applies config and closes the tool

> 3) Do you have an idea of the broken Xserver

Hmmm, the only network setting that could somewhat break the X server is
changing the hostname, check that you're managing this tag correctly and
that it's changing to what and when you expect. sorry, I've got no other
clues without looking at the code...

> 4) Must I start some service for the configuration (for example in the
> livecd the syslogd is not started, only the portmap and cupsd are started)

No, this is not neccesary :)

	Regards