[Setup-tool-hackers] about cvs commits

hi all,

well, first of all, I tried to calm down, but I still see neccesary to
write this mail.

yesterday was committed a "little" (unauthorized) patch, a patch that
has changed ALL the code files, has erased files and has created new
ones. This patch moved all the xst_* functions and filenames to gst_*, a
change that even I wanted to do, but if there is a great thing in free
software, it's communication, if someone searches in the project web
(exactly www.gnome.org/projects/gst/team.html), I appear as the
maintainer, and everybody can send patches in several ways:

* sending them to this list
* contacting me at #gst in irc.gnome.org (my nick is garnacho, an easy
one)
* filing a bug in bugzilla
* sending me a personal mail to garnacho@tuxerver.net,
garparr@teleline.es or carlosg@gnome.org

I don't want to be a "nazi" maintainer, but I really hate to feel that I
loose control over the project that I'm maintaining, so, from now, I'd
like to have a look at every patch for gst, and when I feel I can trust
on a developer, grant him access to the neccesary area of the code. And
I don't like to read excuses like "I thought the project was orphaned"
when GST 0.24.0 has been released 3 days ago.

there is other way, I bet I'd say "ok, please commit it" if you sent me
the patch instead of directly committing.

	bye

PD: obviously, this mail doesn't affect to translators

--
Carlos Garnacho <garnacho@tuxerver.net>