[Setup-tool-hackers] RE: 2.4: System Tools - Please try them

You may be thinking all the time in commercial distributions of Linux,
and of course they should add some value to their sale like the conf
tools.
But, there are other growing distros that are based on communities and
no commercial aims like: Debian, for sure. Debian doesn't provide enough
system tools for the end users. I think they make a big effort to
maintain a coherent package system and they shouldn't be forced to
develop desktop system tools.
Metadistros and CO.(Spain) Metadistros is a system to build
distributions. You choose your kernel, packages, boot logo and etc(from
a webpage for example) and then you get an ISO. First you can run the
ISO as a LiveCd. After you are used to Linux, without partitioning or
whatever, you can install the system from the same CD. I am working,
with others in a LiveDistro for Educational purposes, children mainly.
But there are a lot of other areas, public and social ones that you may
want to use GNU with Linux with GNOME with SystemTools that no
commercial aims are involved: administrations, schools, adults schools,
universities, gobernment, etc.
GNOME needs GST in the core distribution, please.
And with full printer add and configuration module, not only adding
existing printers like the ximian tool (by the moment)
Yours:
Nestor Diaz