[Setup-tool-hackers] stuff I think is needed

Issues I personally would want addressed before gnome 1.4 inclusion.
I don't know glade (yet) so I can't help there - but I might be able to
contribute to other stuff.

boot:
There doesn't seem to be support for setting a lilo password (so that a
password is required to use boot options other than the default).

This probably is a 10 second add to the backend and probably not too
difficult to add to the glade interface.

It would be good to do it with stars instead of actual letters in the
text box - and of course a confirm box if doing stars.

-=-
runlevels:
I know some distro's don't do it this way but (rh8 for example) have big
ugly scripts that do lots of stuff that are run at boot/reboot/halt -
but the distro I'm using (and porting it to) uses init scripts that are
run at boot if symlinked in rcsysinit.d, halt if in 0.d, reboot in 6.d -
and not run any other time.

the Runlevel module detects these scripts and says that they are turned
off. While it is true that they are not run when entering the current
runlevel, those in rcsysinit.d are in fact run when the system boots.

I would hate for someone to see the swap init as turned off and think
they don't have swap running and then attempt to turn it on.

It would be good if these scripts do not appear in the Service list for
the default (less options) display.

We use a port of Red Hat's chkconfig - and with chkconfig --list they do
not show up as these scripts don't have chkconfig configurations in
them. I know that chkconfig isn't the appropriate way to figure that out
in gst as it is very distro specific.

But perhaps if a rcsysinit.d type of directory for boot time scripts is
used, a function could be written to filter out init scripts that are
run at boot in rcsysinit.d

I might see if I can write a patch for this and submit it, since it's
won't require an interface change and i happen to be running in an
environment where it matters. No promise, though.

-=-
fstab

This is a request - a module for fstab configuration would be a wicked
addition.

-=-
bugs

1)
Some things just don't make sense to have an option to run as non root.
The Boot module for example - it won't even have permission to read
/etc/lilo.conf if it isn't root.

2)
I don't know if this is a gst problem - but gst is the only app where it
happens.

Whenever I have used gst during a gnome-session, the only way to exit
the session is to switch to a virtual console and type "killall
gnome-session"

If I hit the logout button, I don't get the session ended - it seems to
partially end, though - I can't switch workspaces or launch an xterm
(hence the need to switch to a virtual console to exit the session)

If this isn't a known issue, I'll see what is in log files when it
happens.