[Setup-tool-hackers] building errors

A quick newbie question.

I pulled a copy of setup-tools off the cvs.  I get the follow when
trying to make.

[root@localhost ximian-setup-tools]# ./autogen.sh
**Warning**: I am going to run `configure' with no arguments.
If you wish to pass any to it, please specify them on the
`./autogen.sh' command line.

processing .
Running aclocal -I /usr/share/aclocal/gnome2-macros  ...
Running automake --gnu  ...
automake: configure.in: `AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE' must be used
automake: no proper implementation of AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE was found,
automake: probably because aclocal.m4 is missing...
automake: You should run aclocal to create this file, then
automake: run automake again.
configure.in: installing `./install-sh'
configure.in: installing `./mkinstalldirs'
configure.in: installing `./missing'
automake: no `Makefile.am' found or specified
Running autoconf ...
processing ./backend
Running libtoolize...
You should add the contents of `/usr/share/aclocal/libtool.m4' to
`aclocal.m4'.
Putting files in AC_CONFIG_AUX_DIR, `..'.
Running aclocal -I /usr/share/aclocal/gnome2-macros  ...
Running automake --gnu  ...
Makefile.am: installing `./INSTALL'
Makefile.am: installing `./COPYING'
Running autoconf ...
Running ./configure --enable-maintainer-mode --enable-compile-warnings
Now type `make' to compile Ximian Setup Tools.

[root@localhost ximian-setup-tools]# make
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
[root@localhost ximian-setup-tools]#

I've spent about 2 hours search of instructions but can find none.

Thanks

David Farning