Re: [Setup-tool-hackers] xst-su on gentoo

On Fri, 2002-09-13 at 18:55, Carlos Garnacho wrote:
> > the su-thing is not working on gentoo. What are the requirements for it
> > to work? It just says "The password you entered is invalid" after a
> > about-a-second delay. I'll happily provide any further information
> > needed.
> >
> mmm, that's very strange... could you run the tool on a terminal and
> send us the stderr output? it could give us a clue...

Ok, first step:

bert@saphir bert $ time-admin
Password:
root: root: No such file or directory
bert@saphir bert $

What I did was type in the root-password and wait one second for the
failure dialog to pop up. After confirming that dialog, the dialog that
asks me to type in the root password showed up again. I cancelled.

--
Markus Bertheau.
Berlin, Berlin.