Re: [Setup-tool-hackers] GST on debian

On Mon, Nov 04, 2002 at 03:18:58PM +0100, Mauro Colorio wrote:
> I finally got GST compiled on debian

  You have Debian packages for Sid at
  http://people.debian.org/~jsogo/gst

  I plan to upload a new GST package to incoming soon, but I would like
  to see first version 0.22.0 out (I do't like a lot CVS snapshots)

> I had to modify something into code 'cause different naming of gnomexml
> libraries

  I hadn't to do that.

> (btw I had problems with autoconf version too on woody, seems gst needs
> >= 2.5.0)

  Yes, you haave to take that into account.

> I didn't understand if GST uses the debian specific tools to change the
> system configuration
> for example, to configure network.. how it works?

  It uses his own backends. Look at backends subdir in GST sources.

> does anyone work on the debian side?:)

  I maintain the package, but help would be greatly appreciated, not
  only by me but also by GST developers and Debian Desktop developers.
  Look at http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-desktop for more info

--
  Jose Carlos Garcia Sogo
     jsogo@debian.org