Re: [Setup-tool-hackers] Ximian setup tools progress

fre 2002-05-31 klockan 12.12 skrev Mantas K.:
> Hi,

> There are no plans about new version :( I see no better public communication :(
> I still know nothing about colaboration between ximian-setup-tools and
> debian progeny hackers :( Are there some progress or not ?
> If not - maybe Chema can write a letter to progeny hackers ?

I think this can be because all GNOME hackers is working hard to get
GNOME 2.0 out the door so extra applications is somewhat put on ice
until that is done.

> Maybe Chema can suggest developers of UnitedLinux to use XST ?
> I think this would be a *BIG* step to good future of XST if developers of
> UnitedLinux will use XST (or at least only API of XST and backends).

Yes, I would be surprised if United Linux would be interested in using
the GNOME front end since they are going to choose KDE as there main
desktop. Using the same backends/API would be great though.

Regards,
  Mikael Hallendal

--
Mikael Hallendal                micke@codefactory.se