[Setup-tool-hackers] Distribution detection problem with LSBpackage installed in Debian

 Hello!

  Could you please look at bug #149411 in
 http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=149411&repeatmerged=yes

  The problem is that with LSB package installed, the platform check
 doesn't detect dristribution properly. I know how to fix it for the
 Debian package, but as the same problem arised some time ago for the Debian
 check, I think we should look at this closer.

  IMHO, the real solution should be to change debian-woody for
 debian-3.0 in the code. But the other solution should be make the same
 trick that is being done currently in the Debian check, or read
 DISTRIB_CODENAME if DISTRIB_ID is "Debian".

  Other problem that I see here is that DISTRIB_ID is Debian (note the
 cap first letter), and the string says "debian-woody", so perhaps this
 should be also taken into account.

  Currently, a Debian Woody LSB file is like this:

    DISTRIB_ID=Debian
    DISTRIB_RELEASE=3.0
    DISTRIB_CODENAME=woody
    DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION="Debian GNU/Linux"

  Please, think which seems to be the best solution for you. I'll upload
 a patched package with that ASAP.

   Thanks,

    Jose Carlos Garcia Sogo
      jsogo@debian.org