Re: [Setup-tool-hackers] Ximian setup tools progress

On Fri, 2002-05-31 at 05:12, Mantas K. wrote:
> There are no plans about new version :( I see no better public communication :(
> I still know nothing about colaboration between ximian-setup-tools and
> debian progeny hackers :( Are there some progress or not ?
> If not - maybe Chema can write a letter to progeny hackers ?

There is no need to send a letter until we have gnome 2.0 code working.
Words are just going to fall thru the cracks.

> Galiausiai I want to say about new *BIG* project - UnitedLinux.
> ("Caldera, Conectiva, SuSE, Turbolinux Partner To Create UnitedLinux,
> and Produce A Uniform Version Of Linux For Business" -
> see http://www.unitedlinux.com/)

Unied linux is strongly KDE, and based on Suse which has a propietary
set of good configuration tools. I am sure they are not interested.

> Maybe Chema can suggest developers of UnitedLinux to use XST ?
> I think this would be a *BIG* step to good future of XST if developers of
> UnitedLinux will use XST (or at least only API of XST and backends).

See above.

regards,
Chema