[Setup-tool-hackers] cool idea

    Hello. I was wondering if you guys had ever thought of working something
out with the gdm guys. I was thinking that it would be pretty cool to have
the gdm X login screen capable of different modes such as:

A.) standard mode where you have to enter in your login/password as you do
now

B.) Pretty/newbie mode where there are icons for sysconfig, root/admin, and
the users with their icons. Then they can just click on the icon and then
enter in the password. The sysconfig option would be kind of cool cause it
would allow you to change system stuff without having to load up everything
as a normal X root user. It could do nothing more than load up the ximian
setup tool stuff to allow one to add new users, make hardware config changes,
etc....

    I know many will say that gdm shouldn't handle this stuff, etc.... but
the fact is that it would be very straight forward to any linux newbie and it
would certainly look cool.