Re: [Setup-tool-hackers] Network hardware configuration

On 08 Mar 2001 18:56:52 -0600, Hans Petter Jansson wrote:

> What happens if you have full duplex enabled, but shouldn't: You get packet
> loss and TCP/IP speeds down to 4kB/s on 10Mbit networks.

i had this problem a few years ago and eventually had to call 3com and
then find a dos boot disk and use their diagnostic tool and what not, it
was a pain.

having this tool wouldn't have let me know what the problem was, but it
would have been nice to have a tool like this.

jacob
--
"The people who made the Macintosh produced a miracle, but that
 doesn't mean their code was wonderful." -- Bob Cringely