[Setup-tool-hackers] Restarting X

Hello,

Thought that maybe "Mr Doorman" knows if it's possible to restart X
server. By that I mean restart, ie just reload it's conf file and then
run whatever was running earlier (gnome-session for example), not just
logout giving user a gdm prompt or something.

I've been browsing X extensions and Xlib API and whatelse today having
found a way to do it.

Doorman doesn't restart X does it? It just loads itself before gnome
session, right?

Anyway, restart X would be total benefit for XST in many ways: After
change of hostname X won't let connect to that new display (it should be
possible to do that somehow, right?), Display tool could restart X
quickly to apply some changes, etc etc etc...

Any ideas?

Tambet