Re: [Setup-tool-hackers] /etc/hosts and the parade

Jacob Ulysses Berkman wrote:

> Can the backend people get the /etc/hosts parsing to accept lines that
> are valid hosts lines except that they are commented out?

Presumably, you wish to retain comments in your hosts file between
parses/writes from the backend. I agree, I have a comment lines in my
hosts file I would prefer not to lose. Perhaps a <comment> element
should be included somehow.

--
Ross

> Like these:
>
> #209.116.70.70  cvs.gnome.org
> #209.116.70.71  mail.gnome.org
>
> (Hmm, was this worded really poorly?)
>
> Thanks,
> Jacob
> --
> "Beware of bugs in the above code;  I have only
>  proved it correct, not tried it." -- D. Knuth

Ross

Pyromaniacs of the world... IGNITE!!!