[Setup-tool-hackers] XST - Bugs with the boot-admin tool

here are a couple of bugs for the boot-tool.

Chema
Bug A - Type not saved
=======================
1. Grab lilo.conf.1 [from http://www.gnome.org/~chema/lilo.conf.1] and
place it
in /etc/lilo.conf
2. run boot-admin
3. Change the type for "docs" to "dos"
4. Hit apply

The type is not saved, so it is not rembered when the tool is loaded
again.

Bug B - append contents merged
=========================
1. Grab and install lilo.conf.2
2. Run boot-admin and hit apply

Here is the diff, eeek !

[root@suzzy ximian-setup-tools]# diff /etc/lilo.conf lilo.conf.2
19c19
<   append = "hdc=ide-scsihdd=ide-scsi"
---
>   append = "hdc=ide-scsi hdd=ide-scsi"
[root@suzzy ximian-setup-tools]#

Bug C - bad default tag should be fixed
=======================================
1. grab and install lilo.conf.3 (it has an invalid tag)
2. run the tool and hit apply

Althou the diff is NULL, we should fix this stuff because
/sbin/lilo will not run with this config file. When we load
the default tag we need to verify it matches to a image. If
it does not match, then we either :a) select a default image
before loading the xml into the gui
b) remove the default tag from lilo.conf (/sbin/lilo will
run without a default tag)

[root@suzzy ximian-setup-tools]# diff /etc/lilo.conf lilo.conf.3
[root@suzzy ximian-setup-tools]# /sbin/lilo -v
LILO version 21, Copyright 1992-1998 Werner Almesberger

Reading boot sector from /dev/hda
Merging with /boot/boot.b
Boot image: /boot/vmlinuz-2.2.12-20
Mapping RAM disk /boot/initrd-2.2.12-20.img
Added old_linux
Boot image: /vmlinuz
Mapping RAM disk /boot/initrd-2.2.12-20.img
Added linux
Boot other: /dev/hda5, loader /boot/chain.b
Added docs
Boot other: /dev/hda1, loader /boot/chain.b
Added win
No images have been defined.
[root@suzzy ximian-setup-tools]#

Bug D - Append should be enclosed in parenthesis
1. Grab lilo.conf.4
2. Run the tool and change complexity to advanced
3. Select "Linux linux" and click settings
4. In append type ------>mem=64M hdd=0x368<------ [don't include --->
and <--- ;-)]

Here is what we end up with :
|image = /vmlinuz
|  label = linux
|  initrd = /boot/initrd-2.2.12-20.img
|  root = /dev/hda6
|
|	# XstPartitionType = Linux
|	append = mem=64Mhdd=0x368

which should be:
|image = /vmlinuz
|  label = linux
|  initrd = /boot/initrd-2.2.12-20.img
|  root = /dev/hda6
|
|	# XstPartitionType = Linux
|	append = "mem=64M hdd=0x368"

and if we want to get fancy about it :
|image = /vmlinuz
|  label = linux
|  initrd = /boot/initrd-2.2.12-20.img
|  root = /dev/hda6
|  append = "mem=64M hdd=0x368"
|  # XstPartitionType = Linux

[Only get fancy about it if it is easy to do, do not waste
time with this otherwise]

We need to enclose the append commands in parenthesis and remove
them when we read lilo.conf. This means we can have stuff like :
append = foo
append = "foo bar foo2 bar2
append = foo bar foo2 bar3"
append = foo bar foo bar
append = "foo bar foo bar"

And we should be able to figure this out.

Bug E - Don't loose my default time when prompt is removed
1. Grab lilo.conf.5
2. Run the tool

We should have 3600 in the time (seconds before loading the
default OS/Kernel) even tho that we dont' have prompt specified.
Prompt is for the check box and timout for the spin button.