Re: [Setup-tool-hackers] location manager

On 07 Feb 2001 14:57:06 -0500, Anna Dirks wrote:

> hi bradford,
>
> about two minutes ago, i checked a new version
> of the location management tool into cvs.
> the filename is location_management_mockup.glade, and
> it is inside of the interfaces directory.
>
> the design i settled on (after much talking to
> chema and soliciting input from miguel) is macintoshish...
> and, i hope, has an almost nonexistent learning curve.
>
> something to keep in mind while you're looking at this stuff:
> there are two "edit tool" dialogs in that glade file.
> one is launched if the user wants to edit a tool from
> within the location manager (and is named as such),
> while the other is launched if the user wants to edit a tool
> from the control center (also clearly named).
>
> in the latter case, a "location" frame appears near the top
> of the dialog; within that frame, only the names of the locations
> which actually used that tool should appear. let me know
> if i should explain this more.
>
> okay.. that should give you something to chew on.
> let me know what you think,

I've looked this over and I will code to the interface you have
provided. I really cannot say anything more about the relative usability
of this interface until I have an objective analysis to work with (i.e.,
user testing).

> anna

-Bradford Hovinen

We are most probably here for local information-gathering and
local-Universe problem-solving in support of the integrity of
eternally regenerative Universe.

   -- R. Buckminster Fuller