Re: [Setup-tool-hackers] Grub inclusion in XST

On 03 Aug 2001 16:37:21 -0500, Chema Celorio wrote:
> On 03 Aug 2001 13:36:35 -0700, Parrish M Myers wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am not a maintainer but...

>> Does anyone ever plan to extend the boot-menu to include grub as well
>> as

> I don't think there are any plans, but if anyone is interested we will
> take the patch.

We probably need to do this in the not too far future, for two reasons:

* Grub totally kicks lilo's ass in terms of features and
user-friendlyness, especially for chain-loading (for booting
non-Linux).

* Distributions are moving to use Grub instead of lilo, because of these
features. I believe Mandrake already uses it in the most recent
version (this is why Mandrake puts up a menu on boot), and I know
Debian is planning to use it.

Supporting it shouldn't be very hard, the lilo features we support
generall map 1:1 to Grub features.

But it's probably not priority right now.

--
   Joakim Ziegler - Ximian Web Monkey - joakim@ximian.com - Radagast@IRC
 FIX sysop - Free Software Coder - Writer - FIDEL & Conglomerate