Re: [Setup-tool-hackers] GConf

Hi Tambet,

On 31 Mar 2001, Tambet Ingo wrote:
> I added very easy to use wrapper functions around GConf and they are
> in files src/common/xst-gconf.[ch]. Every tool saves it's complexity
> (if complexity is used) at every complexity change so You don't have
> to worry about complexity.

        I'm very pleased you wrapped the gconf API. The GConf C API is
broken, and should be removed as of 6 months ago - please don't expose any
of the ( uber-broken ) GConf types in your wrapping [ I assume you don't
]. We hope to totaly replace GConf with a clean CORBA API based on
monikers and property bags in the medium term.

        Anyway, sounds nice,

                Michael.