Re: [Setup-tool-hackers] Distro tarballs needed for testing.

>> Yes, it can be done with a bit more disk. Are you planning to install all the
>> distros on that machine? Is it practical for you?

> Yes, I think I want this.
>
> To all: how much space would I be needing to set up a machine like the
> ones you have to test with different distros?

Note that:

- The disk already in Sloth should not be used for this. It's a 3 year old
  Bigfoot. (Those disks had 50% failure ratio in the first year and were
  pulled back from the market).

- We could use a new, dedicated box for this, freeing up Sloth to be an
  internal server. I'm thinking internal files, web, squid proxy for our
  outgoing connection, internal DNS, host for some office mailinglists
  (e.g. who's going to be where, when), etc.

- If I ever leave Mexico, I'm _probably_ taking Sloth with me, since it's the
  only decent iron I own.

--
Hans Petter